1. It’s just a ride, don’t get too caught up in believing this world is all real. (from Bill Hicks)
2. “God” is in us all- in friend and stranger.
3. Try not to kill anything.
4. You can’t do everything… so that means you have to choose what you do want to do.
5. Don’t always go the same way to work (or school).
6. Try doing something nice for someone at random.
7. Money is corrosive for your soul, you can let it pass through your hands- but don’t try to keep hold of too much of it.
8. Lend things to people but don’t ask for anything back… so only lend the things you can afford not to get back.
9. Get the first round in.
10. 80% of the work gets done with 20% of the effort.
11. We are all like stones on a beach- Everyone is absolutely perfect, but absolutely different.
12. Sometime you eat the bar, sometimes the bar eats you (Big Lebowski)
13. We’ve got two ears and one mouth, use them in proportion.
14. Stand on a beach and look out to sea.
15. Let your hair get wet in the rain sometimes.
16. Stand on top of a hill and look into the distance.
17. Look at the way the moon changes.
18. Try and remember what season it is.
19. Bullies- Don’t let them do it: Talk to other people about it, write things down, talk to them about it if you can. it doesn’t always stop them, sometimes it stops them for a wee while, sometimes it helps them.
20. Keep a diary sometimes, read it back sometimes.
21. Cease to do evil, try to do good.
22. Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day.
23. Love is strange.
24. Sometimes it okay not to say anything.
25. If someone uses the expression “evil prospers while good men do nothing”… Before you do anything: Think about what evil they are referring to, and what they are suggesting “good men” do.
26. The best advice is… Don’t listen to anyone else’s advice. Including this.
26. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.
27. Better mess wi the deil than wi a bairn O’ Falkirk.
28. Heavy hangs the head that wears the crown.
29. Don’t buy a house, if you can avoid it.
30. There’s a wee knob under a pedestrian crossing that spins when the green man appears.
31. Listen Carefully.
32. We are here on this earth to fart around.
33. If you find yourself tangled up in someone else’s life that’s probably because they are part of your Karras. (You might need to look up the definition of Karras- try looking in Cats Cradle)
34. This too shall pass.
35. Alan Moore knows the score.
36. Kurt Vonnegut does too.
37. Philip K Dick might do sometimes.
38. Do something new or something different everyday.
39. Dealing with difficult people: Sometimes it’s okay to just disengage.
40. Learn three jokes.
41. Learn three card tricks.
42. Get a secret helper and learn a “Mind reading” trick between the two of you.
43. You can’t always get what you want- but you can try and you might get what you need.
44. Every man and woman is a star. And made of stardust.
45. Sometimes you will have the best friends in the world ever- it’s intense, then it might all change and you don’t see them anymore or they are not your friends. It’s okay.
46. It’s okay.
47. Keep an eye out for the number 23. It’s everywhere.
48. You hardly ever know the effect you have on people- good or bad. Sometimes when you find out it shocks you- for good or for bad.
49. It’s as much effort to be creepy as to be nice. And it’s more fun to be nice.
50. This might be your last day- do you have anything else you need to do?
52. If you start to get scared tell yourself “get scared later”.
53. Find something you like doing and keep doing it.
54. Painting, photography, writing: all of these involve you showing a version of reality- but it’s only ever a version.
55. Say Please and Thank You.
56. Too much of nothing ain’t good for you!57. Paint a bit!
58. errr thats it!